Group Health Cooperative, Bellevue, WA
Adjacent to the existing Overlake Hospital Medical Center, Group Health's new Bellevue Medical Center is equipped to provide outpatient care and same day surgery. Also known as a “hospital without beds", a pedestrian tunnel links the building to Overlake's South Tower which allows seamless transfer of overnight patients to an acute care setting. The four-story, 190,000-square-foot facility was carefully planned to achieve a positive patient experience, including generous daylighting and interior finishes native to the surrounding area.
Benefits & Savings
Sustainable elements :
· Individual thermostats to monitor thermal comfort
· Fully sustainable and renewable Lyptus hardwood
· Energy efficient occupancy sensors
· Photocells and dimming ballasts to reduce electricity
· White EPDM roof to reduce solar heat gain
· Ten-foot ceilings to allow more natural light in and reduce the use of artificial light
· A complete flush of indoor air was also performed before move-in to remove contaminants from the construction process.