Adjacent to the existing Overlake Hospital Medical Center, Group Health's new Bellevue Medical Center is equipped to provide outpatient care and same day surgery. Also known as a “hospital without beds", a pedestrian tunnel links the building to Overlake's South Tower which allows seamless transfer of overnight patients to an acute care setting. The four-story, 190,000-square-foot facility was carefully planned to achieve a positive patient experience, including generous daylighting and interior finishes native to the surrounding area.
Sustainable elements :
· Individual thermostats to monitor thermal comfort
· Fully sustainable and renewable Lyptus hardwood
· Energy efficient occupancy sensors
· Photocells and dimming ballasts to reduce electricity
· White EPDM roof to reduce solar heat gain
· Ten-foot ceilings to allow more natural light in and reduce the use of artificial light
· A complete flush of indoor air was also performed before move-in to remove contaminants from the construction process.